Monday, August 10, 2009

Rebeca's Farewell

Saturday, August 1st

I just stayed the night at the Roadhouse, and it was a lovely sleep in. Upon waking up, I went home to change. Lulu was precious – did you JUST get back????? (big eyes). I responded yes, but that I had slept at my friend Rebeca’s house.

Back at the House, Rebe and I went for her last medialunas y café in Buenos Aires at Acusso (sp?) café. I actually got te con leche. After that, we went to the Recoleta market, where she was looking for a ring. I perused items, but didn’t buy anything. I figure I’ll go back in one of my last weekends.

After that, we walked to the flower and saw it one last time (well, for Rebe anyways). On the way back, we stopped by a confiteria and picked up some dessert. It’s a cute place. Back at the House, Rebe packed, etc. and I used the internet. Then, we made an awesome meal out of her leftovers, which included a hamburger patty, the final slices of bread, some cheese, some coke, etc. It was a fun and good final meal. Feast of the leftovers, if you will.

Pretty quickly after that we hauled her stuff downstairs to the cab and I bid her farewell! Walking back to the house was odd, mainly because my social life just died a lot, but at the same time I have a pretty full schedule (at least this week), so that plus all the homework I’ve been putting off all summer should keep me entertained.

I was exhausted, so I took a nap. When I woke up, Maria Laura was leaving to go out. I feel bad – she’s been going out with Walter for like the past 5 Saturdays….he didn’t call this Saturday. She was pretty upset, but kudos that she at least goes out and doesn’t stay home and mope. Homegirl has way more game than I do. So I fixed myself some chicken and rice, responded to some really wonderful birthday messages, and then just went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment