Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to BA

Monday, July 20th

I was going to wake up for the sunrise, but I didn’t quite make it. Also got confused by high tide and low tide, and we almost tried to get up at 5 a.m. because we thought the ocean would be receded. Turns out that would’ve been high tide, so I’m glad we asked. Low tide was at 12, so we were going to go out then.

I consumed massive quantities of dulce de leche bread again, as well as my café con leche. After that, I just went out the beach and enjoyed the morning, giving thanks to God for just how wonderful everything has been. One of my favorite moments from the trip.

Right before we went to check out, Rebe noticed something rather important from our tickets. I had thought our bus left at 3:15. Turns out it said “13:15”, which means it leaves at 1:15. Whew, I’m SO glad she caught that. Big difference.

After checking out, but leaving our backpacks at the hostel, we walked around and checked out souvenirs. Lots of places took credit cards, but only if you bought a lot of pesos. Also stopped into an interesting store – Cuba Libre. Then, we headed to the beach, where I collected a lot of shells, as well as parts of crabs, and made Rebe scream when I chunked them her way. Haha. On our way back, we stopped by the chocolate shop and I got 5 little bars. Sooo good. Oh, then I wanted a picture outside of the restaurant where we ate last night. So I stopped and was going to do a self-potrait, when one of the waiters came out and offered to take it for us. Not wanting to seem like a creeper, I said that we had eaten here last night, and before I finished, he was like I know, you sat over there (with a gesture). Well, after that I wasn’t worried about me sounding like the creeper.

We went back to the hostel, made lunch of pb sandwiches while watching Buscando Nemo, and then began our walk to the bus station. This is really a cute town, and I would like to come back sometime. I really enjoyed my stay.

We waited at the station for a while, and then our bus arrived. It was only about 20 minutes late, which isn’t bad. Someone was in my seat, but he moved and we settled in. This time Rebeca had the window seat. It took us an hour or so, but we finally figured out we were on the same bus we had come in on. What gave it away you ask? Well, at first we thought it was different because it kind of smelled. But then we noticed a crack in the t.v. and a MAJOR SMUDGE on the middle of the t.v., which apparently hadn’t been wiped in the past 4 days. Cool. Plus, they started playing the music videos again. Like Pavlov’s dogs, music mix equals food! It was a wonderful lunch of chicken, potatoes, and an alfajor. I read, listened to music, and just watched the perpetual Patagonian road that never changed. The movie played was Como Si Fuera la Primera Vez, or 50 First Dates. It was cute.

When we made our night stop, everyone had to get off the bus so it could be sanitized. I sometimes sing around Rebe because it really embarrasses her. I gave her the option of English or Spanish, but we actually enjoyed rocking out to my Argentine reggaeton mix. I bought a coke bottle, which is notable because it was glass but the lid was plastic. Back on the buss, we danced in our seats to our music. When they turned on the music video, our food came, and to my joy it was milanesa! Booya! Great ending to bus odyssey.

They then put on a weird movie, so I went to sleep. However, it started raining. And kept raining. There was a lot of rain. I was kind of nervous about the sheets of rain that were pouring down onto the bus and the road. We were in the front seats, so we had the window in front of us, just revealing rain and more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment