Monday, August 10, 2009

Dia del Nino

Sunday, August 9th

Needless to say, I didn’t do much today. It was Dia del Nino, so Maria Laura bought some facturas for breakfast. I enjoyed my standard two pieces of toast, as well as a yummy biscuit filled with dulce de lecho and some churros…which I dipped in dulce de leche.

I pittered around the house all afternoon, as well as napped. At 5, I headed to mass at my church, which requires a longer walk but was so worth it. After mass, I just came home and set up my appointments for this week. I don’t really have lesson plans because I only have two students left – Maricel y Patricia. With Maricel, we’re just finishing the conditionals. We’ll review the first two today, and then maybe start the 3rd. With Patricia, I just need to touch up one of my articles, as well as I think we’ll briefly review some of the simpler tenses just to perfect a few rules she has forgotten.

The thing that’s making me nervous this week is my class about discrimination with the high school kids. Obviously I have to make it fun, interesting, and of course, educational. I’m supposed to meet with Paz tomorrow to work on it though. Jon leaves tomorrow, after which I don’t really have anyone who I hang out with here anymore, until Lia gets back from her trip around Friday. I’m not worried though – if I play my cards right I should be observing in a school or in a library every day. I emailed two more teachers, and so I’m going to get two more high school observations (….3 total), but one of them is at the ‘premiere’ high school in Buenos Aires. The only school I haven’t been able to get inside is a public high school, but I at least have an idea of them from the Ministry people. They’re basically understaffed and underfunded. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment