Monday, August 10, 2009

last full week

It´s weird to say that I´m going home soon! Spending almost a semester here hasn´t really felt that long, but then again it has felt like a different life! That limbo feeling involved with being out of normal reality.

I never made it to Internet with my computer, so the blogs still remain safely tucked away in my Word doc entitled: blog_lu

This weekend was fun. Friday I did the tango class with Jon, and it was cool. Saturday we went to Chinatown, which is really just like 2 blocks. But we ate there, poked around, and stopped at an artesanal market on the way back. I was really tempted by a few signs, but passed. We also went to a flea market, and it was just stalls of furniture, lots of furniture under these half-shelter buildings.

Saturday night we met up with some of Jon´s friends from Ecuador and we all went to a boliche. It was sweet bc one of the girls knew someone so we got in for cheaper than otherwise, but the music was ALL electronica, so after about an hour, I would´ve been fine with leaving. We stayed until 6 a.m. though, so I crawled into bed right as the world began to rise.

Sunday involved a lot of pottering around until mass at 5:30 - I went back to my church and not the convenient one, and it was much better. After, I spent the evening lining up things -- including sending emails to teachers about this week, most of which I was happy got really quick replies! This is the crunch week as I try to finish all the observations/interviews I can cram in.

K, this morning I´m meeting with Paz to discuss the lesson I´m teaching on Wednesday. I´m actually a bit nervous - I certainly don´t want to be lame in front of high schoolers! haha.

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment