Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday, July 9th......Feriado!

Feliz Dia de Independencia Argentina!

So far, all of their holidays have been very close ot the U.S. ones. Argentines don't celebrate in the party fashion of the U.S. though. My host mom said she would make good food, but everyone else who I talked to just said they were going to sleep. Certainly no fireworks.

Once I finally crawled out of bed this morning, I decided to tidy up my room a bit. Maria Laura also gave me some lunch, which was really sweet because I did not feel like going out. Then, I just worked on my lesson plans for my students. It's a little intimidating knowing that this company is expecting me to construct a class for guys double my age that's worth actual money. I know I'm going to learn so much!!

Rebe called me around 4, and we walked down to the Botanical Gardens. Although it's a little chilly out, it was good to walk and breathe and chat. On the way back we hit up a bigger grocery store, looking for peanut butter, but were unsuccessful. We looked totally sketch walking out of the store without buying anything, but c'est la vie.

Oh, peanut butter because we've decided that will be the perfect sandwich food for our last trip which we're hoping taking to puerto madryn. And then we can save food money to go see whales or something cool like that. :)

Since then, just been taking care of PC and email business since I finally have internet on my laptop. Joy. There's something so comforting aobut your own computer; you just know it! And I have yummy torta waiting for me when I head back home. Oh, and I just want my family to know that you guys have been on my thoughts SO MUCH these past couple of days. I miss everyone a lot, and I'm bummed that I can't make the family reunion. BUT - I'll be on Skype for sure tomorrow and Saturday, so PLEASE find me and we can catch up! I love you guys SOOOO much. If I take another trip next year, it will be AFTER the reunion.

Thus begins the long weekend of celebrating independence!

No comments:

Post a Comment