Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sunday, July 5th....yummy dinner

After waking up this morning, I ate breakfast, then just lounged around for a while. Went to lunch with Angie and Jess and friends, where we loaded up on empanadas. For them, it was their final meal here! After that, said goodbye, then headed to mass with Rebeca. Thankfully, I had read the readings beforehand because I was tired and not at my best listening to Spanish wise. Headed home, finished my Agatha Christie book!, caught up on my blog. I had an absolutely lovely French dinner, with leftovers from Maria Laura’s date last night.

But seriously, it was pate with yummy bread chips, a baguette, a potato tortilla, and brie (cheese)! To finish it off, I had a YUMMY alfajor. I don’t think I’ve talked about those yet. Think about an oreo in terms of the cookie sandwich nature. They typically have dulce de leche in the middle, and then a vanilla wafer-type cookie, and then my favorites are coated with chocolate! They are so yummy, and once I devoured mine, I was stuffed. The best part was that Maria Laura hung out with me while I was eating and we got to talk. We talked about school, France, names, how to celebrate independence days and inevitably the conversation turned to boys. I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to watch a bit of t.v. My rule with myself is that it must be in Spanish. There wasn’t much on, but I did watch a cartoon for a while. Then, I crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment