Monday, July 6, 2009

Saturday, July 4th...Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day, USA!!!

Another sleepy day, this time I had to get up a bit earlier to clean my room. The apartment is on the market, and someone came to check it out. After that, in a wonderful exchange, I ate lunch at the house instead of dinner. Maria Laura whipped up some mashed potatoes and meat, which was quite yummy. Then I headed to the subway to visit the Rose Garden, which was absolutely lovely. It was a wonderful Saturday afternoon, and an awesome way to see a different side of Argentine life. Families were playing games in the park, couples were picnicking, photographers were capturing their glamour shots, music was playing, people were paddleboating. It was precious. So I stopped for a bit, read some of my Agatha Christie book, then continued on my way. I made it to an Argentine museum, where I pulled out my iPod and checked out some art. On my way out, I walked through the Rose Garden again and headed to the Japanese Garden. It was really peaceful as well, and my favorite part were the fish. When kids would go to feed them, about 30 huge fish would all build up on top of each other to get to the feed. So after that, I headed back and leisurely walked through the town. I ended up taking the route back that passes by my church here, and I popped in for a second. I asked the receptionist if there were any youth groups that I could participate in while I’m in town. He actually said there was one, but that they were all currently suspended. Oh swine flu.

So I went into the church for a bit to pray, and the receptionist found me again and took my contact info, saying that if anything changed he would let me know. So that was cool. Headed out a while later with a calm heart, and headed home. I then headed to the Roadhouse, where we were having a last night with Angie, from my TEFL class, and her friend Jess. They cooked everyone some yummy cheeseburgers, complete with chips, which I felt was a completely appropriate way to celebrate the fourth. We were all just hanging out on the terrace with the grill going and music playing. It was also funny b/c while Road cancelled the pizza party b/c they didn't want large gathering....we still had our large gathering.

After that, Rebeca and I randomly ended up looking at wedding pictures for a while because a lot of people we know have been getting married. We then got some ice cream and were sugared up to go to a club that was celebrating the fourth of July. We showed up to a fun club with American music...some techno, oh joy.... and danced the night away, bringing in the night around 6 a.m. Yay Argentina.

1 comment:

  1. 6 am. wows. i get up by 7. life is crazy. live it, girl, live it. :)

    ReplyDelete