Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sunny Sun Sun


So I'm completely worn out, but today was wonderfully peaceful.

Woke up around 10:30, and just took my time getting ready, etc. Maria Laura has now gotten sick :( but she was up doing some stuff and had made some yummy coffee this morning. Met up with the group around 11:45, and we headed to the Reservas!

It was a BEAUTIFUL day....think fall weather, right when the crispy air hits and the shade is a little chilly but the sun is made for basking. Yummmmmm. So we took the subte to the end, then walked the rest of the way to the park. It was just so fun - I really can't describe it. We got there, and everyone ate, but Rebe and I decided to eat after the bike ride. There were lots of meat vendors along the edge.

Then, we go to these people on the side of the road who have these GHETTO bikes. And we hand over an i.d., and they hook us up with a bike. Cuidate - not all of the chains are hooked up, not all of the tires are aire, and not all of the brakes work. Thankfully for me, my first choice functioned perfectly. finally, we were all hooked up, and we headed off. We spent about 2 hours just riding throughout the reserves. It was wonderful, peaceful, relaxing, etc. It felt so good to be working out, and so good to just be riding leisurely.

After, I got a chorizpan, which was ok. Think sausage with just way too much bread. As i threw down some bread though, I got to watch pigeons duke it out. Also got some yummy candy peanuts. I'm obsessed with those things. Then, we walked through an open-air market. In the street, a lady was holding a free "salsa workout" class. Julie and I hopped in it for about 5 minutes -- long enough to get proper documentation of our endeavors. That was fun. Oh man, then we saw this air thing. Darn, I forget the name, but you know those air inflatable things, and you go inside and jump around them? Well, there was one that was like a dragon's head. And you climbed inside its mouth, while it's moving, and then it swallows you and you go down a slide in the back. It was the creepiest thing ever b/c we couldn't see the little kids coming out of the back.

Then, one of the guys bought a soccer ball, and we found a green field and proceeded to play a game of 4 on 4. Rebe and I were split up as too good to be on the same team....in the sense that neither one of us had played before. It was fun, and I will say that I scored two goals! (Final score, we lost 9-10). granted, my two goals occurred when I was floating in midfield, the ball came my way, and I kicked it to the end. haha. whoop!

Then we came back on the bus, and I've just been lazing around my house ever since. Watched some of the Devil Wears Prada en espanol (dubbed), and also cleaned off some of my compu. Supposedly I ran out of space, ugh, but I deleted some extraneous videos so I should be good. Also found some videos from high school, which I intend to show the Roadies to prove that I am from Texas. They all ask where my Texas twang is...and high school days can prove it.

Tomorrow - church, then La Boca!, then a karoake bar.....Monday is another national holiday for everyone....except my TEFL class.

2 comments:

  1. So. I just caught up on June.

    Now I miss you a lottttttt.

    Keep having a wonderful adventure, dear friend.

    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete