Thursday, June 25, 2009

fries, egg, onion, y meat

So I would just like to say - Rebe and I have thus far successfully navigated another country!!

We got up early this morning, had a lovely breakfast, and headed out! We saw the Catedral in the plaza, which evoked a wide array of emotions I will detail when I return home, La Moneda, where we met some lovely guards who were super nice, and then we walked to Cerro San Cristobal and saw the statue of the Virgencita. It was a profound experience, not to mention how awesome it was to be able to pray with my church in these places around South America.

Then, the coolest part of the day was catching the taxi back to the hostel, grabbing our stuff, catching the metro, arriving at our station, looking at whichever bus was leaving for our town, heading to that boletria, and purchasing our ticket 5 minutes before it left. As we got on the bus and found our seats,the bus pulled out. Our timing was perfecto.

Tomorrow church John is acting as our tour guide and showing us around town before we head home. Chile has been interesting, and I have lots of thoughts for later. For now, Iḿ absolutely exhausted. I think between walking all morning and just dealing with navigating another country, Iḿ absolutely exhausted. Loving it, no lie, but ready to crash. Oh, the blog post title is a Chilean creation which apparently may have made its way to Texas. I ate at the original restaurant tonight, which was cheap, good, and greasy. The best combo!

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment