Thursday, May 21, 2009

Two days away!!

My flight leaves Saturday night, and in an effort to procrastinate writing an essay, I thought I would update my blog (still SUPER stoked that I'm a blogger)! Went shopping with my mom yesterday, which to our amazement we were efficient and got everything we needed off "the list" (Except a raincoat. We did find one, but decided we would just X it from the list and save some moolah). Shoes were the hardest to find, face makeup was the most fun, and Target will always impress me by just producing exactly what I need, every time. Oh, and my host mom is a caterer, so I got her a cute red, white, and blue half-apron. I still need to make a final Walmart run for various oddities (including chocolate chip granola bars), but the big things should be taken care of.

My clothes have all been tossed in the general direction of my suitcase, but there is no semblance of order. I'm going to wait for my friend Megan to show some tough love tomorrow in terms of what gets packed and how many green items stay. Hopefully before she leaves I'll have a rejuvenated red hair color with spunky layers and two fully loaded suitcases.

It's funny. Getting ready to go abroad almost seems to equal getting remodeled. I don't want to have to worry about things like hair cuts, shoe heels breaking etc. when I arrive, so I take care of it here. In doing so, I end up presenting a cleaner Lara to Argentina than the U.S. ever gets to see. Maybe this is why I love international travel. ;)

Two days away!!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I can remember you packing for Italy... it was pure craziness--not that I was any better! I hope you didn't take out too many green items, or else they might not know what your favorite color is!

    ~ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember packing! We were so lastminute crazy!! I don't have nearly enough green, but I'm repping it in various, creative ways.

    Chau chau!

    ReplyDelete