Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pues...Let's get it started!

This time next week, I will be in Buenos Aires, Argentina, living with a host family (my host mom is a caterer - whoop!) for 12 weeks. I will be getting my TEFL certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) and then hopefully teaching English! This is my fourth time abroad, after France, Italy, and Mexico. This will be my first time to go independently though (although it turns out I already know about 3 people who will be down there).

I am excited beyond words to see what this summer holds for me, and I am really hoping to get a sense of direction about myself.

Will I actually be able to make my body cooperate with the tango dance steps? Is teaching my dream? How important is personal hygiene on weekend trips? How will I celebrate events like the 4th of July and my 21st birthday in a foreign country? Can I effectively balance all of the fun of the 3rd-largest city in the world with a real commitment to teaching? How much "chill-wear" can I get away with in such a fashion-conscious city? Can I speak like a gaucho after 12 weeks?

Does living abroad and *insert whatever I will be doing* really give me
the fulfillment I think it will?

Thoughts about this, but probably more about all of the crazy fun I am sure I will encounter, will hopefully be posted here on a semi-frequent basis. I mean, I like to write, and this will save having to explain things multiple times. Oh, and add me on Skype! (laralu2010)

Pues...Let's get it started!



No comments:

Post a Comment