Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Time for Change

Turns out I like blogging. I got a little burned out on it this summer...as evidence, I never actually finished my last 3 days in BA update. But they were rather chill, so that's ok.

Anyways, what's going on now. Oh yea, reality slapped me in the face as soon as I returned. There's this thing called life, which I have definitely been living. There's this other thing called reality....which I am slowly coming to terms with. I'm more at peace though now than I have been recently. There come days when I can't even talk about May without stress immediately consuming my body and manifesting itself through leaky eyes. And then there are those days when I think people must be hardcore praying for me because I just feel peaceful about it all and aware that God is molding me for his purposes. I am also, slowly, taking action steps towards various goals. The top step currently has been opening my Teach for America application. Another step was taking the LSAT yesterday. One step that already ended was emailing the TAMU center in Qatar to see if they had an opening for a writing center consultant. They don't, but at least I tried.

Argentina has not let go of me. My bank recently got bought out by an Argentina company, some Italian sisters came to St. Mary's and spoke about a service thing they have going on in Cordoba, one of my writing center consultations was with a guy who spent his summer in Argentina, one of the workesr at the MSC spent 6 months in Buenos Aires as well....crazy!

I was looking at my world map last night, and I get so excited when I see my dots of where I have been. But I still have so much to see! And so much of it is so completely different from anything that I have seen. One of many reasons why I am so stoked about going to Beijing, China is that it will be completely different from anything I have ever experienced. I do not speak the language....I can't even piece together parts of it like I could in Italian. The architecture, history, government....everything is so different. I'm really excited.

If only I could spend this next year just seeing the world.

Everyone is allowed their moments of wistfulness, right? But I am so thankful for everything I have seen so far. And there will be another traveling time in my life, it just may not be for a while. I think my college experiences will sustain me until then. Espero que si.

No comments:

Post a Comment